Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The sweet taste of a rare memory-
Descend upon me!
Heal me
Because recently
Hospital beds have been my inspiration.
Sanitized hands shine under flourescents
Lighten-Ing microscopic flaws
(How I wish for a G-d-sent strike of light,
A real charge of electricity,
Atmospheric reminder of my mortality)
But as I face my immortal fate,
Naked under this recycled hospital gown,
Helpless against the white coats and wheelchairs.
I
Fall
Into one
Before I fall for your words
Or into them.
Im crippled when I'm with you
I'm numb when I'm without
You,
Disguised in your readied speech.
Heal Me
Like you did the night we met
Our frozen moment-
Fossilized desire for you
My fire for you
Our raw, rare flame
Red like the steak
I cooked for you
Or the one
I placed
On my blacks and blues
Reveal your healing hands
Because I can't trust your eyes
As they've lied
Again.

No comments: