Sunday, February 22, 2009

Its hard to remember the first day of the creation
When all of my “firsts” transpired prior to the unscripted start
Of me.
A bit easier to remember that start.
A night tattooed in my senses
When my “priors” were crimes against all things innocent.
This start of me
might be
a night back in 2004
two decades post day 1
With a fresh id, wrong name, right birthdate
Born a year too late in 2004
a street corner on the lower east side
Christie and Delancey.
Street Names with friendlier dispositions
Than the friends who by that time were testing inappropriate positions
Entangled in Men with names like Johnnie walker and Jamison
Black label never did much for me
Were walking fast by now,
Until we pass Five men on that east side corner and I stop
Ten hands on flipped tin garbage
Hit, struck by the mood
Beats and rhythm call me in,
Call me name
As they call to me
Asking for a line
A rhyme
And im shy
them a few
and know this is the beginnig of a great fiendship
On this night of the Start of me.

No comments: