Wednesday, February 18, 2009

the other night a close girlfriend of mine claimed that part of the reason for some perpetuating ways of this man's world we live in comes from the 'innate' differneces in how women overcome obstacles or reach a goal. She went on to say that when a woman has a goal in mind it is often more difficult to reach this goal than let's say, her male counterpart, because she is multitasking even in her mental thought processes in scoping the future terrain/course of action. For example, in my case, getting a job after college might be clouded with worries and thoughts about juggling other responsibilities of mine instead of being 100% focused on the major goal ahead. Not to imply that men aren't capable of mulit-thinking/tasking... Actually, I wasn't implying a thing, since this wasn't my theory to begin with...
Just a thought.
A thought that came back to me as I hear creaking floorboards above me, my (female) roommate tiptoes above, in the wee hours.At least I'm not alone. There's three of us under this roof. I'm here, 'in bed' with a screen shining bright, instead of perhaps the shining stars that are gleaming through my (male) roommates silent bedroom.

No comments: